Image Map

Saturday, June 29, 2013

2 Ways to Go With Doc Martens


I have had my Cherry Red Smooth Dr Martens for about a whole year now and I am still as in love with them as the first day I got them. They're comfortable, casual, and yet its badass-ery is just through the roof. Although they can appear very edgy, they can still be styled in a very feminine way as well.



Oh yeah, look at this badass pose, haha kidding, kidding. When paired with just ankle/no-show socks, the shoes can have a very edgy appeal. You could just wear rolled-up jeans to expose some ankle or just a dark, vampy skirt such as the one above to seem more tomboy-esque or even goth-like.


Over-the-ankle socks soften up the statement shoes. Even knee-highs or tights would give the same effect. If you were to wear rolled up jeans and just let a bit of floral show, I think that'd look very sweet. I just paired it with my girly polka dot skirt that I got many moons ago.

I hope I've helped some of you with styling statement shoes. I know Docs aren't exactly the edgiest of shoes, especially not the ones I have, but they certainly are no knock-off Vans. But boy, what I'd do to get my hands on some Jeffrey Campbell Coltranes or even just a sweet pair of Unif Grim Creepers...Some day, one day. Alright, later y'allzz, happy non-barefooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment